I’ve written ads for Tom Petty, BB King, Mary J. Blige, and Pulp Fiction. Launched one of the world’s first entertainment sites (AMP: MCA Records Online). Won awards for offbeat Toyota interactive marketing. Creative directed the world’s first infomercial-zine. Led a twisted business pitch that won the National Lampoon account. And created a national buzz with a campaign for the NFL on Fox.
On the side I conducted “investigative journalism” for the Weekly World News (no Bigfoot sightings, though). Wrote, produced, and acted in live theatre in L.A. Started one of the first sports blogs (the short-lived but glorious TURFgeeks) before “blog” was even a word. And savored underground jazz in a Havana nightclub.
And that was before getting my MBA.
I subsequently launched Atomic Tango (what you’re experiencing right now). Directed a word-of-mouth campaign for an interactive zombie movie. Helped a viral video director land on David Letterman‘s show. Taught marketing to students on six continents through a Swiss university. Ghost wrote two books for a celebrity. Gave speeches to marketers in New Orleans, renaissance women in Houston, and fitness trainers in Long Beach. And was interviewed by Marketplace (American public radio), Les Affaires (Canada), and Sondag (Finland).
Today, I’m also an Adjunct Professor in the Master of Communication Management program at the University of Southern California. In my spare time I watch too much football (Go Trojans! Go Steelers!), drink too much coffee, and help my wife herd our too many cats for her lifestyle startup Marcy Very Much.
- BA Harvard University (East Asian Studies & Sociology)
- MBA University of Southern California (Marketing & Entrepreneurship)
Key Professional Gigs:
- Atomic Tango LLC, Founder (current)
- Saatchi & Saatchi, Sr. Interactive Copywriter (Toyota)
- MCA Records/Universal Music Group, Copywriter & Website Editor
- Magnet Interactive, Sr. Content Director (Nissan, Infiniti, National Lampoon)
- USC Annenberg School for Communication & Journalism, Master of Communication Management Program (current)
- UCLA Extension
- Emerson College
- Antioch University, M.A. in Organization Management Program
- RKC of Zurich, Switzerland, MBA Program
Research & Expertise:
- Content Strategy
- Creative Direction
- Entrepreneurial Marketing
- Influencer Marketing
- Marketing Forensics
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Social Media Marketing
Professional Social Media: